Join the team at Barker Langham
Barker Langham is a leading cultural consultancy based in London, and working across the UK and internationally, with presence in the Middle East, Europe and Latin America. We are seeking a London-based, full-time Consultant for a 12-month maternity cover. This role sits within the wider team, comprising London and Middle East global consultants, researchers, graphic designers, project coordinators, and support staff. The role will report into the Managing Director, and the salary is £35,000 p.a.
The role is diverse and varied, and requires a broad range of knowledge and skills. It involves the management and delivery of culture and heritage projects, primarily within the UK, from our busy, friendly central London office. UK travel will be required. International travel may be required.
The type of work that the Consultant will be expected to undertake includes strategic planning, feasibility studies, options appraisals, and the development of audience, interpretive and business plans. This will be across the culture and heritage sector, including museums, galleries, parks, landscapes, heritage sites, visitor centres etc. A large proportion of projects will be related to Heritage Lottery funding.
• Undertake the planning and delivery of projects, either as a project lead or a member of the project team
• Coordinate input from external sub-consultants, including architects, designers, cost consultants and other specialists
• Coordinate input from the wider Barker Langham team, such as researchers and designers, through the creation of internal briefs and strong internal communications
• Manage members of the project team, offering support and guidance where required
• Engage with clients and stakeholders, as the main day-to-day contact on projects
• Lead the development and delivery of presentations, and facilitate workshops and focus groups
• Ensure that project deliverables are met and project programmes keep to schedule and budget
• Write presentations, interim and final reports, and formal communications to the clients
• Working with the wider team to develop tender responses
• Support on external communications, including marketing and strategic outreach
• Support on internal communications, including high level project and content management
• Good knowledge of the HLF application process and direct experience of delivering HLF projects
• Confident public speaker with ability to facilitate workshops and focus groups
• Strong organisational skills and experience managing a number of competing priorities
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Flexible, hands-on approach towards working
• Detail-oriented approach to communications, project finances, and project management
• Ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders, from e.g. community groups to senior business leaders, adapting communications appropriately
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you are suited for the role to email@example.com with Cultural Heritage Consultant in the subject title.
The deadline is 5pm on Tuesday 31st May with interviews due to take place the first week of June. We are ideally looking for someone to start the week of the 20th June.